SCREEN-L Archives

August 2005, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:27:42 -0500
You may be familiar with Wikipedia, the grass-roots encyclopedia that
anyone (yes, /anyone/) may edit.  I was browsing it this morning and
noticed that it was missing entries for academic film/TV
organizations--specifically SCMS and UFVA (as well as their journals).
So I created "stubs" for them.

Stubs are Wikipedia articles that have just been begun and need more
information.  I provided a basic skeleton for these articles, but they
need fleshing out by persons knowledgeable about these organizations
(and their publications).  If you possess that sort of knowledge, I'd
encourage you to visit one of the following articles and fill in the blanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Cinema_and_Media_Studies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_Journal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Film_and_Video_Association
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journal_of_Film_and_Video

Remember, anyone may edit a Wikipedia entry, but there are some basic
guidelines (see below).

Also, there's an article on film journals that really needs to be
cleaned up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_journals_and_magazines

Comments about the articles may be posted on each of their "discussion"
or "talk" pages.  Comments for me about these articles may be posted at
my personal talk page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:JButler

Yours in better wikiing,

Jeremy

-- Wikipedia guidelines --

Your changes will be visible immediately.

    * For testing, please use the sandbox.
    * You're encouraged to create, expand, and improve upon articles;
however, bad edits to articles are watched for and will be quickly removed.
    * Please cite your sources so others can check your work.

DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!

    * All contributions to any page on Wikipedia are released under the
GNU Free Documentation License (see Project:Copyrights for details).
    * If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and
redistributed at will, do not submit it.
    * By submitting your work you promise you wrote it yourself, or
copied it from public domain resources--this does not include most web
pages.

--
Jeremy Butler
www.ScreenSite.org