SCREEN-L Archives

October 2022, Week 3

From:
Donna Peberdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2022 05:46:51 -0500
We are looking for proposals for the second volume of Screening Sex: The Sex Scene. The Sex Scene: Representation, Performance, Aesthetics is the second of two volumes that will launch the Screening Sex book series with Edinburgh University Press. We are open to essays that will interrogate the form, function, politics and significance of the sex scene in film, television and beyond. Taking the ‘sex scene’ as a critical starting point for the book series, the two edited collections offer a critical exploration of the significance of sex on screen and in sexual cultures, combining original research with a review of existing and current literature and debates. Please send a 250 word abstract plus short bio by Oct 31st to: Darren Kerr and Donna Peberdy - [log in to unmask] Accepted articles will be due Feb 2023.

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://screenlex.org