SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
wen minkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:12:46 -0800
>I'm trying to locate an article Freud (allegedly) wrote on Cocteau's "Blood
>of a Poet".  Can anyone help me with this?  Is it anywhere on the web?
> Does it even really exist?  Cocteau mentions it in one of his articles,
>could he be just bragging?

What are the dates of the essays (i.e. the article Freud wrote and the one
Cocteau wrote). It doesn't ring a bell and I'm thinking the timeline might
be a little off...but Freud *did* write about art/writing etc. so it's
feasible that Cocteau is referring to another Freud piece, and saying when
Freud wrote "xyz" he was "writing about" Blood of a Poet.

I did a quick look through my Freud stuff & didn't see Cocteau, but I'd
suggest you get the index to the SE (Standard Edition) and see if that helps.

Good luck!
Wen
If you can't be a good example,
then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
--Catherine Aird