SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:39:31 -0500
_The Face of Another_ was released on tape by Sony Video Software as part
of the Japan Film Society line, but I believe it is out of print.  I
borrowed a Japanese professor's copy.  The 800 number left to call is now
used by Lifetime network.  _Box Man_ is an Abe adaptation that I believe
was Teshigahara's, but I could be mistaken.  I know Takemitsu did the
music.

Scott

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Dennis Doros wrote:

> In a message dated 9/2/98 11:47:39 AM, you wrote:
>
> <<I wonder if Teshigahara's _Box Man_ and _The Face of Another_ are far
> behind.  Any hint?
>
> Scott>>
>
> The hint, unfortunately, is no. We have considered going back to Mr.
> Teshigahara and distribute more of his films because we've had such good
> working relations with him, but we have so many interests and there's so many
> films out there. So the real answer is, not in the near future.
>
> The Face of Another is owned by Janus Films and has never been put out on home
> video. As for "Box Man," I'm not sure which title that is. Are you talking
> about the two documentaries with boxer Jose Torres?
>
> Dennis Doros
> Milestone Film & Video
>
> ----
> To sign off SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
> in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

University of Alabama.