SCREEN-L Archives

May 1992

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1992 13:37:31 EDT
I recall a particularly strange episode of "Moonlighting" a few
years ago where a chase scene broke through the fourth wall,
just like in the finale of "Blazing Saddles."  Also, I saw a
recent rerun of "Green Acres" where some of the opening credits
(director, writer) were written on chicken eggs which Lisa
inspected and commented on in the opening scene (i.e., "Oliver,
why are there credits on these eggs?").  Has anyone written
anything tying this tradition together?  (from George Burns
to the "Simpsons" ...)
Pam Inglesby
University of Pennsylvania