SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:24:42 -0600
Paul Wiener wonders further:

> I am mostly wondering how/why "Life Is Beautiful" can be considered a
> domestic (USA) film. I'm sure there's a simple answer - I just won't like it.

It's not.  It's simply being considered as Best Film (foreign or
domestic).  There's nothing (but parochialism and the box office) to
keep any and all foreign language films from also being considered in
this category.  Usually, though, they are treated as separate
entitities.

Don Larsson

Donald Larsson
Minnesota State U, Mankato