We are happy to remind you that SPANISH FILM CLUB's (SFC) new deadline is
only a few days away: OCTOBER 15, 2014!
Tips for a successful application:
1. Apply before October 15, 2014. We will announce awards on November 15.
2. Be as thorough as possible when describing your plans for the festival.
3. Check out our programming suggestions for possible ideas and themes for
4. Reach out to other departments to co-organize the festival.
5. Include the film in your class curricula.
6. Invite professors and students to introduce and lead discussions
following the screenings.
7. Plan for virtual Skype Q&As with the directors.
8. Invite the school and local newspapers to cover the event.
9. Transform the festival into a community even where not only students
attend, but also local residents.
10. Questions? Contact us BEFORE the deadline if you have doubts or
questions. We are here to help you with the application process.
About the program: Twice a year, SPANISH FILM CLUB offers grants to help
high schools and universities bring the very best in contemporary Spanish
and Latin American cinema to campuses and to introduce students to the
language and cultures of these territories. Schools select a minimum of
five films from a catalog of 35 titles to create a film festival on
campus. Representing 19 countries, the films have been carefully selected
by a team of experts and are backed by the most important festivals and
film critics. Check our complete roster of films at
If you want to see what other universities say, visit
To learn more about the program and apply to bring a SPANISH FILM CLUB
festival to your campus, visit www.spanishfilmclub.com.
302 Bedford Ave., # 136
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Spanish Film Club: www.spanishfilmclub.com
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex