SCREEN-L Archives

July 2005, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 10:20:19 -0400
I'm looking for work, and Brian Graham's _Get Hired fast!_ (2005) says that applying to newspaper ads is really a crapshoot right now.  He suggests researching companies, calling them directly, and telling their hiring managers what you can offer them, based on their needs.  The company's corporate websites don't do a good job telling you what they need unless they have specific job postings.  He suggests you need to learn what the company is currently pursuing and find an angle you can apply yourself to.  The only thing I don't have that he suggests are print or online trade journals where one could find information about such corporate doings.  Being New York based, is there something film-related (I have only an M.A.) that focuses on that market rather than California that I could refer to?

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu