On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:05:51 +1000
   Peter Richards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Peter,

> Using PMAIL340 and printing to a Epson LQ 1070+
>
> When we print email messages that are 'extra wide', text is
> truncated on the right hand side; it doesn't wrap around
> correctly. Have tried printing these wide messages with 'wrap' on
> and off with Pmail, with the same result, truncation of the message.

There is no way to force pmail to wrap lines while printing. Frankly
the wordwrap not always is working propperly. It has to be fixed.

I don't know if David can implement a wrapping for printing too.

> Can different printer drivers be setup with Pmail for DOS ? The
> settings I can see currently under preferences are:
>
> *  Standard printer
> *  Postscript printer
> *  HP Laserjet family
> *  Epson FX family
>
> Obviously, these are generic printer drivers. I have tested using
> another product (WORKS for DOS) that specifically uses the Epson
> LQ 1070 driver, and extra wide lines wrap around successfully (no
> truncation of text).

This is done by the software.

Some Printers do support automatic linewrap, so nothing will be lost.

Sorry that this is not of help for you.

With best compliments

           Peter Seitz
--

  Graz University of Technology, Austria - Fac. f. Civil Engineering
  mailto:[log in to unmask] - http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/~seitz/

Bilingual support at the (Un)Official Pegasus Mail Support Site
Home:   http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/software/pegasus/
Mirror: http://ftp.uni-mannheim.de/mirror/pmail/