On 25 Sep 97 at 11:07, Rene Kreijveld wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> We experience the following problem using Pegasus Mail release 3.2:
>
> A user can change in PMail his preferences and confirm them by
> pressing Ctrl-Enter. If he exits PMail however, the new settings are
> NOT updated in his PMAIL.INI file, located in his SYS:MAIL\<USER ID>
> directory. As soon as he starts PMail again, the old settings are
> back. I checked that the user has all rights to modify the PMAIL.INI
> file, in fact he is the owner of both the SYS:MAIL\<USER ID>
> directory AND the PMAIL.INI file. If I modify the PMAIL.INI file by
> hand, than I have no problem.
>
> Any suggestions on this?
> Thanks in advance,
> Rene Kreijveld

Rene,

Is it possible that the environment variable TMP or TEMP are not set
at startup. They should exist and point to a non root available
directory.

In "normal" dos environment they point as

SET TMP=C:\TEMP
SET TEMP=C:\TEMP

Pegasus needs this directory to write information to.

HTH

Han van den Bogaerde - [log in to unmask]
Pegasus Mail for Windows : Helpful links
and information (including 2.75B4 version) at:
http://www.caiw.nl/~jaabogae/han/han_lkfr.htm
Updated: 24-09-97.