Simon Davis <[log in to unmask]> writes

> "List2" looks like this:
>
> \title  <short title of list2>
> \sender <long title of list2>
> etc etc
>
> So when it came to sending the message I put "list1" in the "To"
> field, and "list2" in the "Cc" field.
>
> Now as I was a member of list2 myself, I received my own message.
>
> When I looked at the message, all the names in list2 were listed one-
> by-one in the "copies to" field (as I would expect), but in the "To"
> field was the following:

David Harris did a major overhaul on distribution list handling for
WinPMail so that the \SENDER string appears in whichever field (To: or
Cc:) the @listname.PML originally appeared in, and references to
multiple lists will each put their \SENDER line in the outgoing
message.

DOS PMail still follows the old rules: \SENDER always overrides the
To: line (even of the list was specified in the CC: field) and only
the \SENDER of the last list processed is displayed.

Andrew.

Andrew Morrow   home:[log in to unmask]  office:[log in to unmask]
                Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group