SCREEN-L Archives

June 1999, Week 4

From:
Harriet Kasow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:12:20 +0000
Hi,
All our equipment (32 vcr's) are multi-system as we purchase
videos not only from U.S. but suppliers in England for
example where newer videos are cheaper. This would
include Mr. Benson's World, Heffer's, Video city, Grant
and cutler etc. I also find the PAL system a better quality
and this is said after working in the field 15 years with
all the systems. We get videos from France which are on
the Secam system so the multi-system vcr is highly practical.
there is such a creature as a multi-system VCR that changes
from NTSC to PAl if your monitor is not multi-system.
I don't know about vice versa.
Harriet Kasow
Harriet Kasow, Media Librarian
Bloomfield Library for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus
Jerusalem, Israel