SCREEN-L Archives

April 1999, Week 1

Sender:
From:
gerardo herrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:27:21 -0500
Hello all!

I'm new to the service and I am seeking information on any research that
has been done or is currently being done on the contributions made by
Hispanic filmmakers (i.e., writers, directors, producers, editors,
cameramen, set designers, etc.) in the United States during the silent film
era.

I am interested only in Hispanic filmmakers who worked BEHIND the camera.
I am not interested in Hispanic actors and actresses. I have found plenty
of information on them, but there appears to be virtually no information on
those who worked out of sight of the camera lense.

If this is an area of film history that is currently being researched,
could you give me the names and email addresses of those persons doing the
research so that I may be able to contact them?

Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gerardo Herrera