SCREEN-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:04:28 -0800
7bit
From:
"Edward R. O'Neill" <[log in to unmask]>
Where dos Ed Johnson-Ott publish?  Perhaps I'm seriously out
of the loop, but I've never heard of him.

I agree that "MTV style" is very vague.  Todd Haynes went on
record complaining about uses of the term by conventional
critics to bash anything with avant garde leanings.

If it's a synonym for "rapid edits," then it's terribly
misapplied to _Elizabeth_.

Sincerely,
Edward R. O'Neill
UCLA