SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 3

From:
Valerie Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:34:32 EDT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 13:44:58 -0700 (MST)
From: Jason T Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TV Interning

Greetings,

First, I want to welcome to welcome all the new members to the list.  Our
list size has doubled and I have a meeting in LA next weekend with
over 20 producers from MTV to The Donnie and Marie Show to discuss the
list with them.  We already have a bunch of TV Execs planning on using the
list for recruiting grounds, hopefully more will be arriving soon.

The Web Site www.tvintern.com has been picked up by Web Master Mike Dobbs.
He's run Web pages for several organizations including one for a major
anti-smoking effort.  Please let me know any thoughts you have about the
web page.  What would you like to see on it?  What would make it useful
for you and your students?

Lastly, I can't thank everyone enough for their support concerning
BREAKING INTO TELEVISION: VETERAN ADVICE FROM THE TRENCHES.  I have
received dozens of-mails from list members telling me how hepful the book
has been.  One student e-mailed me yesterday to let me know that the book
guided him to an internship she never thought she'd get: talk about a day
making e-mail.

The book is available from Peterson's publishing and amazon.com and all the
other on-line book sellers.  The price is stated on the book as $14.95, so
if any school bookstores are charging more than that, raise a little
noise.  Besides, amazon has the book for under $12.

Thanks a million, I look forward to an incredible semester of helping each
other out, and especially our students.

Jason