SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Nadine Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 14:30:35 +1000
On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Peter F. Dwyer wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book that outlines the
>
> budgeting process for shooting a film.

I remember coming across a book called "How to Make Films at Used Car Prices"
which I believe was written in the 80s - so obviously things have changes
since then. But I believe it is still considered one of the classics of
budget filmmaking.

The places I have found the best information are the anthologies of
interviews with independent filmmakers (where they actually describe
their tactics, ones that worked and ones that didn't). 'Canadian
Dreams' is one example that had some good info.

Nadine Wills

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite