1998 Yorkton Short Film & Video Festival
May 21-24, 1998.
Entry Deadline: March 13, 1998.
Film/video makers, producers and distributors are invited to submit
their original work to the 1998 Yorkton Short Film & Video Festival
Inc. competition for the Golden Sheaf Awards.
All entries must have been completed in the period between March 14,
1997 and March 13, 1998, and not have been entered in a previous
Golden Sheaf Awards competition.
The Final decision regarding interpretation of the rules and
regulations including eh eligibility of any production for admission
into the competion will be the responsibility of the Festival.
Documentary Over 30 minutes
Documentary Under 30 mimutes
Drama Over 30 minutes
Drama Under 30 minutes
1. Any production 60 minutes or under will be accepted
2. Films must be 16 mm, 24 FPS optical sound on standard metal or
plastic reels and be wound ready for projection.
3. Videos must be on BetaCam/BetaCam SP NTSC Standard or 1/2" VHS
4. Productions may be coluor or black and white, sound or silent.
5. A segment of a television program which has a title, credits and
is a self-contained unit will be regarded as an eligible entry.
6.Ensure the best possible presentation of film or video entries
to the public.
7. Entries in languages other than Engish or French must provide an
Enlish/French script or English/French subtiles.
8.The quality of the Production copy enttered (sound and visual) is
the responsibility of the entrant.
More Information, contact:
Golden Sheaf Awards
49 Smith Street East
Yorkton Saskatchewan S3N OH4
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
University of Alabama.