SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 1

From:
"Brian D. Mudd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:36:21 -0400
Chris:

From what I read, the request to perform two separate feeds came from the
actors themselves, who wanted the episode to be as "fresh" for West Coast
viewers as those in the Eastern Time Zone.

The REAL reason may have been to allow for consistent ratings measurement
and ad rates on both coasts for what was clearly a ratings "stunt".

My only surprise is that NBC didn't wait until the November sweeps to
stage such an event, but then the networks will do anything these days to
avoid further audience erosion to cable and elsewhere.

They're trying to win "us" back.

Brian Mudd
SVSU