SCREEN-L Archives

May 1997, Week 2

From:
Faust Gertz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 16:33:15 +0000
On 14 May 97 at 4:09, Randall Meier wrote:

> I know the chances are slim of getting a response to this query, but
> for what it's worth, does anyone have a VHS copy of Todd Haynes'
> film "Superstar"? I understand that Karen Carpenter's family has
> succeeded in having the distribution of the film banned. Still, I
> was wondering if it is out there somewhere on video format. I would
> greatly appreciate seeing this film sometime.

I haven't followed the magazine for a while, but, at least at one
time, the folks at _Film Threat_ magazine could be helpful in finding
stuff like that.  Even though I didn't see any info about finding or
ordering videos on the first page of their website,
http://www.filmthreat.com/ it is probably worth dropping them a line.

I beleive there is a QuickTime movie clip available from Visual
Frenzy at
http://www.favela.org/frenzy/super/corn.html and another available
from Film Zone at http://www.filmzone.com/GenPlex/notonvideo.html
According to the site, it was shown via CuSeeMe at the end of 1995.
Perhaps someone at Visual Frenzy or Film Zone can help you see it.

Hope this helps.

Streben nach Wahrheit

Faust Gertz
Philosopher at Large
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene
bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
-Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica album