SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Michael Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:04:00 MDT
>Dear Screen -L'ers,
>
>My undergraduate film class will be taking a trip to London, though as
>instructor I am most likely unable to accompany them due to other courses
>going on at the same time. I would like to arrange a couple of visits for
>them at film schools or academic institutions studying film. There will be
>approximately 20 students, but if a smaller group is necessry, we can
>arrange that within the group.
>
>Many of my students want to work in the industry, so if there are any film
>production people on the list or instructors at any school in London that
>could accomodate a visit --- even a brief one --- we would very much
>appreciate the contact. They will be there from Monday Dec. 9th to Thursday
>Dec. 12th. We have an Erasmus program here and a number of my students may
>wish to study abroad. This can be an interesting start for possible student
>exchanges.
>
>Our course is primarily academic, but we do have a course in elementary
>filmmaking on video as a part of understanding theory through doing. If you
>would like to see more about what we study, look at the following URL:
>http://www.hks.se/~bertd/filmvet.html
>
>Please contact me directly at [log in to unmask]
>OR
>Fax- 46-54-838496
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Sincerely,
>Bert Deivert -- film studies, University of Karlstad, Sweden

>BERT DEIVERT   Film Studies / Media Studies
>University of Karlstad,SWEDEN     Voice: 46-54-83 81 06
>E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
>WWW: http://www.hks.se/~bertd/bertd.html
>"All this filming, it's not healthy." - Mrs. Stevens in PEEPING TOM

Dear Bert,

You may want to contact Caroline Moore with SIGHT AND SOUND magazine (in
London).
SIGHT AND SOUND mag is funded (in part) by the British Film Institute!
She may offer you some invaluable direction to what you are looking for in
England.

Contact:   [log in to unmask]

Please inform Caroline that Michael Carr with IndieZine referred you to her.

All the best!

mc