SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Mantey Peter A <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 11:50:38 -0500
Comments:
Hello to all and TGIF

I'm assembling a good list of films that have "tiny tiny" roles
for animals--especially cats.  So, a film like _Cujo_ wouldn't
qualify. However, _The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly_, for instance,
would be a good example.  About 3/4 of the way through the movie,
Clint Eastwood is seen petting a kitten that he's holding in his
overturned hat.  The sequence lasts only for a minute, if that.  Then
he goes out and kills somebody.

In _The Godfather_, Marlon Brando does the same kind of thing.

I'm not limiting the list to "shoot-em-ups", even though these two
examples might be found in that category.  Any genre would do.
Foreign films can be included, too.

Any input from you would be appreciated.

-Pete