PM-DOS@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

PM-DOS Home

PM-DOS  July 1996, Week 3

PM-DOS July 1996, Week 3

Technical Support Reorganization

David Harris <[log in to unmask]>

Pegasus Mail for Dos Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>, David Harris <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 20 Jul 1996 21:38:55 +1200

We have made some changes to the way we handle technical support for
Pegasus Mail and Mercury and I would like to take a moment of your time
to explain them to you. In general, we believe these changes will offer
both an easier and better service for you, and a lower workload for us.

*  [log in to unmask] is no longer a monitored account. Instead, when
   you send a mail message to [log in to unmask] you will only get an
   autoreply containing news flashes and detailed information about
   sources of support. In the past, we also monitored the support
   account, but we found that we were often spending time answering
   messages for which people had already found answers as a result of
   the information in the autoreply.

*  The autoreply from [log in to unmask] will now return the message
   you sent, in case you need to re-send it to a different address.

*  An alternative technical support account will be set up and referenced
   in the support autoreply. This account will be fully-monitored, and
   questions not solved by other means can be sent there.

*  People who have purchased manual sets will get higher priority
   treatment on the manned support account by including their license
   number in the subject line of their message. We feel this is only
   fair, both as recognition of those who have supported us by
   purchasing manuals, and as a little incentive to those who have not.
   Having said this, we will still try to provide technical support to
   all comers, just as we always have.

*  FAQs (frequently-asked-question lists) can now be retrieved simply by
   sending any mail message to an associated e-mail address. Each FAQ has
   its own e-mail address and you can get a list of current FAQs, their
   addresses and the last time they were updated, by sending any message
   to [log in to unmask] We have made this change because we found that
   many people were having trouble putting together the maiser commands
   for retrieving FAQs.

These changes to our technical support operation are now in place, but
there may be some small teething problems with them as we sort out the
details involved. If you encounter a problem with any aspect of the new
technical support arrangements, please contact me directly so I can fix
it.

Cheers!

-- David --

  Box 5451, Dunedin, New Zealand | e-mail: [log in to unmask]
 +64 3 4536880/Fax +64 3 4536612 | CIS: >internet:[log in to unmask]

Real newspaper headlines from US Papers:
   "Enraged cow injures farmer with ax".