SCREEN-L Archives

December 1995, Week 3

From:
lang thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 07:52:17 GMT
******  Since this is a bit out of the way for most film scholars, i
thought i'd point out that Killing for Culture is distributed in the US
by Subterranean (they also do City Lights) and Last Gasp (who have an
amazing amount of out of the way material).  You can also pick it up at
many Tower Records stores and they might do special orders for it.  And
snuff films may have been an urban myth until the spread of
videocameras:  When the FBI caught a couple of kidnappers a few years
back, they also confiscated a videotape of them killing their victim.
Happy Dreams, LT

In <[log in to unmask]> Neil
Pollock <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Rebecca
>
>I thought I'd reply to the list because it may be of general interest.
>Aren't snuff films an "urban myth".  A book you may know about is
David
>Kerekes & David Slater.  Killing for Culture: an illustrated history
of
>death film from mondo to snuff.  This is reviewed in Sight & Sound
July