SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 1

Sender:
From:
David Desser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 11:15:50 -0600
>On the Wednesday, May 31, ABC evening news, there aired a story about a
>study that showed that children who watched certain TV programs did better
>at school than children who watched other programs or no TV at all.  I've
>looked through several newspapers trying to find a print copy of this story,
>but to no avail.  I'd appreciate it if anyone on this list could steer me to
>information about this study.  Thanks.
>J.L. McClure <[log in to unmask]>

It was "Sesame Street" in specific that the story referred to.  Since it
was an AP wire story, I should think some newspaper in Iowa City would have
it or check with the library to see if it ran in the NY TIMES or CHICAGO
TRIBUNE.  My local paper ran it in the entertainment section, not in the
news section, perhaps appropriately enough.

DD