SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
SHawn Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 14:39:12 CST
Being an actor here in Canada, it would seem to me that just because an
actor chooses to pursue a role as a serial killer doesn't necessarily mean
that they are saying it is right, or that it is a reflection of that person's
personal beliefs. It is merely a job, an we just treat it as such. There is
always the option of refusing a job, just because we don't agree with the
ethical question or opinion involved, but then again, not all of us are in
a situation where we can turn down a job on the basis of personal opinion.
As was stated, it does end up being a personal decision, and I can say that,
personally, if a role I was up for conflicted that much with my personal
values, I would just say no.

SHAWN SMART                          |                 In the endless void
[log in to unmask]          |                 Therre are infinite
Phone: 705.642.3756                  |                 Possibilities