Monospaced Font

SCREEN-L  December 1994, Week 4

SCREEN-L December 1994, Week 4

Re: Que(e)ry about Marcel Carne'

Wed, 28 Dec 1994 20:50:44 CST

Author: Brian Stonehill Media Studies Pomona College <BSTONEHILL@POMSMTP-LINK
Date: 12/28/94 12:15 PM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

Charles Krinsky <[log in to unmask]> says

>I am preparing a short biographical article on director Marcel Carne.
>I am interested in including information on gay/queer aspects of his life
>and films

When I was preparing the Criterion Collection laserdisc of _Children of
Paradise_, I found the most helpful information in Edward Baron Turk's artful
biography, _Child of Paradise_ (MIT Press), where, among much else of value,
Turk effectively "outs" Carne'.

Bonne annee, Brian