SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
Irene Upshur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 21:25:11 -0500
Initially, I was as skeptical as the respondent you speak to.
Now that you mention you used mixed sources,ANYONE can see your point. Oliver
Stone did it very successfully in NBK.
I would love to say I could make a film that originates on  Hi-8 and not have
discerning eyes as well as not-so-discerning eyes whining for the drop-dead
gorgeous images they're used to even in MacDonald commercials. I agree with
you. . .a cogent, well stated, truly cared for film is worth 50 "Gumps" but
hey, that's just us. Most of the viewing pop. aren't into statement films.
 Let's just learn to love the small audience. . .who knows, maybe it will
grow.????