SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Guy Rosefelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 10:37:29 U
Mail*Link(r) SMTP               RE>Cheap Shots

>>Guy Rosefelt

>>RE:  Comment to Denise about cable.  Don't you think the tone of
>>your comment about taping films for her was just a little bit
>>patronizing?  I would really not like to see another in a series
>>of flamethrowing erupt here.

Actually, I would be glads to send Denise stuff if she asked.  Then we could
enrich each other's lives with more stimulating conversation than, say,
worrying about people being patronizing. <g>

>>FYI, Bravo is not available on many cable systems.  It's not very
>>popular, and on systems with only 35-44 channels, often is left off in
>>favor of shopping or PPV channels.  In terms of PBS, that also depends
>>on where you are at.  WNET in NYC runs a lot of independent films, but
>>the PBS affiliate in Hartford runs very few.

The best way to change this is for you and your friends to write (not call)
your local cable company and PBS station and tell them what you want to see.
You'd be surprised how much impact a couple hundres letters will have.
That's how I got the Cartoon Network.  I may oly get it half a day, but I was
surprised to have gotten it at all. I'm working on the Sci-Fi Channel now.

>>If you want proof, and you're very, very nice, maybe I can xerox a few
>>TV Guides for you.

>>Rod Carveth      "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
>>                 H.S. Thompson

Thank you, no.  I spend too much time on the road looking at other city's TV
Guides as it is.

Guy