SCREEN-L Archives

February 1994

From:
christy o <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 10:24:15 CST
If I remember correctly, if any of this really matters anyway, in the
beginning of the movie we first hear Hunter's characters thoughts.
She speaks of not talking since she was, I think, 6.  Yet, she
had this love, the musician, obviously after that.  I remember this
because during the movie when her child spoke of Hunter's love, I thought
how did they communicate?  Then her daughter said that they didnt need
words to talk, they spoke through music.  So, my point is... the relationship
with the other man had no effect on her speaking.  Her muteness occured at
a much earlier age.  I dont remember any indication of sexual abuse either.
So, I dont know why she is silent.  Who knows really?  And, why is it so
important?

C. Oliver
NOTCLO.LSUVM.SNCC.LSU.EDU