* To MikeN
* From LauraO
* I don't believe that this idea of her having been sexually abused
* during her childhood is a valid explanation of her silence. I was under
* the impression that it was a result of the traumatic loss of her first love
* which if I remember correctly happened in a fire. Also, I believe that her
* first love was also a talented musician who aided in the cultivation of her
* own talents. I am not a psychologist but I feel that it would be safe to
* assume that the loss of this relationship did have a severe impact on Ada
* and could have trapped her into a world of silence.
Do I misrecall this, or was this whole story made up by the daughter, and as
someone has pointed out, there was no appreciable overt reason why she didn't
talk? I recall laughing at the wonderful lie Anna Paquin told with a stright
face. I suppose imagination is right up a child's alley, but I was impressed
by her performance nonetheless. Would she be the youngest supporting actress
winner if she were to win? Was Shirley Temple ever honored by MPAS?
Mark Bunster |I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Survey Research Lab--VCU |
Richmond, VA 23284 |
[log in to unmask] |
(804) 367-8813/353-1731 |