SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 18:57:16 EST
On Mon, 31 Jan 1994 12:33:29 CST Jeremy Butler said:
>On Sun, 30 Jan 1994 23:38:13 -0500 Dana Plays said:
>>I am wondering if you know if any of the Kuleshov film experiments are
>>available for rental, or if they exist at all? I have never been able to
>>find a source for the films, either in film or video.
>
>Good point, Dana.  I've heard that, in fact, they *never* existed.
>Can anyone confirm/deny?
>
>----------
>      I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed
>          by madness, starving hysterical
>          naked,
>      dragging themselves through the negro
>          streets at dawn looking for an angry fix
>      angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient
>          heavenly connection to the starry
>          dynamo in the machinery of night.
>                        --Allen Ginsberg ("Howl")
>----------

Ginsberg?  Comeon  gimme a break! ;-)

P.S. I got flamed by a guy who thought that my signature was male bashing
from a male perspective do you think that it is?  Hey I didn't mean to.
If I want to male bash I'll say things like: What's the difference between
a gov't bond and a man?  The bond matures.  or   Who will cross the road
first... a man or a chicken?  The chicken of course, IT can commit.

See what I mean?

 "Dr. Missy"  An _Equal Time_ Loopy Cultist   | Man's a kind
 Melissa Lee Price                            | of Missing Link,
 melissa@univscvm (BITNET)                    | fondly thinking
 [log in to unmask] (Internet)| he can think-- Piet Hein