SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

Sender:
From:
"Willie J. Hagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 12:44:29 EST
Ideas come from being alert to the world around you and the willingness
to let your imagination run free.  I was in a restaurant a while back
when I observed a very, very old Black man open his wallet and pull out
a lot of paper and cards and explain to a White, teenage, street tough,
"Oh yeah, you always got to have lots of different identification on you.
You never know who you got to be."

Your imagination can take you anywhere with this line and these characters.
I thought briefly of who this old Black man was, what kind of a life he lived,
and how he came to be mentoring this teenager on the niceties of life.  Someone
else might choose to focus on the teenager.

Willie