SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Sandy Dwiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 15:48:29 EDT

> I am trying to locate a film by Jean Rouch, titled "La pyramide humane" (The
> Human Pyramid) made in 1959 and released  in 1961. If anyone has information
>  about who is distributing the film or a library where it is
> available please let me know.
>
> Brian Goldfarb
> University of Rochester

Is this the anthropologist who pioneered cinema verite and whose work
influenced so much of the French cinema in the late fifties and early
sixties?  I have been trying to locate a film of his in which he goes
around the streets of Paris asking people "Are you happy?", records
all their answers, then brings them together at the end to watch the
edited film...and records their responses...a classic...do you know the
title of this one?

Sandy Dwiggins

+  Sandy Dwiggins               Internet: [log in to unmask]        +
+  Building 82, Room 111        Phone: (301) 496-7406                    +
+  Bethesda, Maryland 20892     Fax:   (301) 480-8105                    +