SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1993 17:33:20 -0500
Once again let me remind folks of the INDEPENDENT filmmakers like Barbara
Hammer, Sadie Benning, Lizzie Borden, and as already mentioned, all the doc
stuff carried by WOMEN MAKE MOVIES.  NO NEED TO REPENT by Ann Alter and
distributed by Women Make Movies is a pretty interesting portrait piece of a
lesbian, activist, minister (I did sound for some of it, so I'm probably a bit
biased).  Anyway, check out the independents.  As for appalling Hollywood
treatments, how about the scene in THE HUNGER? Yechhh.

carol beck
Keene State College