SCREEN-L Archives

May 1992

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1992 09:24:35 CST
    Eva is quite right, WordPerfect transfers using WP's CONVERT do indeed
    work!  Now, isn't that handy?

    I just did a limited test of it, using a short WP 5.1 document with
    underlining, italics, boldfacing and an endnote.  All survived the
    conversion just fine.  Indeed, once the conversion and mailing and all
    were finished, the final copy was exactly the same size as the
    original.

    Two small problems I did run into that folks might be cautioned
    against:

    1.  Do not use WP's long document titles.  This appears to trip up the
    conversion.

    2.  Before you convert the file back to WordPerfect, make sure that
    there are not any blank lines in it.  That is, all of the characters
    should be contiguous in the 7-bit format file.  (I had a couple of
    stray carriage returns sneak in there that fouled things up.)

    Thanks for the guidance, Eva.  This should be very helpful to SCREEN-L
    FILELIST.

    P.S.  I still have the test file in my mainframe account.  If anyone
    else would like me to send it to them so they may test it out, just
    send me personal e-mail:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]