SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

Sender:
From:
M Tepper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 91 21:40:14 EDT
Cassandra's point about Campbell's phallocentrism is well-taken. Note--
while they may not have the same sort of currency that the Hero Myth
Campbell talks about, Angela Carter has edited an edition of feminist
folktales for Virago in Britain: I have seen it here, although I can't
remember who the US publisher is. (You see, Malcolm, some of us _don't_
work in offices full of handy references but have to get our mainframe
time where we can find it...)

And while we're on the subject of phallocentrism, I wonder (assume smilie
here) what could have led Maria Luiza Abaurre to assume that "M Tepper" was
male?