FILM-ALERT Archives

January 2010

FILM-ALERT@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:04:08 -0800
Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Capri Theatre
1045 E Fairview Ave
Montgomery, AL 36106
334.262.4858

The Capri Theatre Schedule, with links to all movies, is always available at:
http://capritheatre.org

or Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Montgomery-AL/Capri-Theatre/48664568996

The Capri Theatre is operated by the Capri Community Film Society,
Inc., a non-profit organization.  Please write or email for more
information about membership and donations.

To be REMOVED from this list or to get the Capri schedule via snail mail:

/////////////////////////

NOW PLAYING
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

January 22 - January 27
Capitalism: A Love Story
127mins
Fri & Sat: 7:00 & 9:30
Sun - Weds: 7:30 only
NO SHOW THURSDAY
Everyone's most loved and hated documentarian Michael Moore takes on
the US financial system and tries to find out what is going on.
http://www.capitalismalovestory.com/

**********************************
Thursday, January 28   7:30pm
Clefworks presents
The  JACK Quartet of New York City
Buy tickets early and get a discount -- $15 for general admission and
$10 for student/military (with valid ID) and children under 18.
Tickets are available at www.clefworks.org or any full service
Regions branch beginning Dec. 28. (After January 24, the price
increases to $20 and $15.)

January 29 - February 4
Antichrist
104mins
Fri & Sat: 7:00 & 9:00
Sun - Thurs: 7:30 only
Lars Von Trier's latest assault on  the cinematic status quo. A
grieving couple retreats to their cabin in the woods, hoping to
repair their broken hearts and troubled marriage. But nature takes
its course and things go from bad to worse.
http://www.antichristthemovie.com/?language=en

February 5 - February 11
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
122mins
Fri & Sat: 7:00 & 9:15
Sun - Weds: 7:30 only
NO SHOW THURSDAY
 From the director of Brazil and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the
story of a traveling theater company that gives its audience much
more than they were expecting.
http://www.sonyclassics.com/theimaginariumofdoctorparnassus/

**********************************
February Valentine Special
Thursday, February 11 *  7:30pm
Cary Grant & Grace Kelly
in
Alfred Hitchcock's
TO CATCH A THIEF
Champagne & Chocolate
Make a Valentine's date with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. It may be
the dead of winter, but you can still have a glass of bubbly and
pretend to be on the sun soaked Mediterranean. Join us February 11 at
6:30 for our pre-show reception and have a complimentary glass of
champagne with your ticket purchase. Then enjoy the 7:30 showing of
the Alfred Hitchcock classic To Catch A Thief.
Want dinner and a date? Sinclair's special for the evening is Salade
Nicoise with a Beaujolais, for a complete Mediterranean evening.
**********************************

February 12 - February 18
Red Cliff
148mins
Fri & Sat: 7:00 only
Sun - Thurs: 7:30 only
Action director John Woo returns to China for this epic story of the
208 CE battle which brought an end to the Han Dynasty. (In Mandarin
with English Sub-Titles)
http://www.redclifffilm.com/

****************************
Sunday, February 14 - 3:00pm
One Woman, One Vote narrated by Susan Sarandon
No Admission Fee
Documents the 75-year battle for woman's suffrage.
Sponsor: Montgomery League of Women Voters Education Fund
on the 90th Anniversary of the League of Women Voters.
Anniversary Party @ 2 p.m
****************************
****************************
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15 - 7:30
Southern Circuit Film Tour
TRIMPIN: The Sound of Invention
Peter Esmonde, producer/director
This documentary explores the outrageous work and agile mind of a
wildly creative artist/inventor/composer/engineer.
  http://www.trimpinmovie.com/

The 2009-2010 Southern Circuit is a program of the Southern Arts
Federation. Southern Circuit screenings are funded in part by a grant
from the Southern Arts Federation in partnership with the National
Endowment for the Arts and local partner organizations. Special
support for Southern Circuit was provided by the Academy of Motion
Picutre Arts and Sciences.
Funded locally in part by a grant from the Alabama State Council on
the Arts. Accomadations provided for filmmakers by the Lattice Inn.
************************************

February 19 - February 25
The Young Victoria
100mins
Fri & Sat: 7:00 & 9:00
3:00 Matinee Saturday & Sunday
Sun - Thurs: 7:30 only
Never has a movie said "Capri" like The Young Victoria, the turbulent
first years of Queen Victoria's rule, and her enduring romance with
Prince Albert.
http://www.theyoungvictoriamovie.com/

February 26 - March 4
Me And Orson Welles
114mins
Fri & Sat: 7:00 & 9:15
3:00 Matinee Saturday & Sunday
Sun - Thurs: 7:30 only
NO SHOW MONDAY
Based on a "true" story, a teenager lands a role working on the Orson
Welles production of  Julius Ceaser.
http://www.meandorsonwellesthemovie.com/

--

Martin McCaffery