SCREEN-L Archives

April 2004, Week 2

From:
Ron Leming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:22:32 -0500
QUARTERMASS 2 is likely the film he's looking for. I'd forgotten about
that one. The victims of the aliens have burn marks somewhere on their
bodies that identifies them, and it does indeed end in an oil refinery.

It's not, however, the film I'm looking for, in which aliens, I think
invisible, invade earth, and it does end in a refinery or something like
that also. The victims are turned into zombies, and are controlled with,
I think, sound. It's not INVISIBLE INVADERS, I have that one, and while
it's a good film and, I think, was very influential on Romero's NIGHT OF
THE LIVING DEAD, it's not the film I'm looking for.

I have this bad habit of finding films which seem to be influential on
other film makers, IE NOTLD seems to have influences from INVISIBLE
INVADERS, THE SLIME PEOPLE, and one other film I can't recall the name
of at the moment.
28 DAYS LATER seems to have nearly copied Umberto Lenzi's NIGHTMARE CITY
in many important ways. It's a bad habit lol

--
And that's how the Crisco got in the VCR.

http://www.bonestructure.net