SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 21:45:44 +0800
on 5/18/02 10:56 PM, "Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>" wrote:

> Too Vague
> You have to know the EXACT lengh of footage,what format of film  and the
> nature of the negative  ( new, old, printed on lately, does it need to be wet
> gated ? etc) could run from $200 to $5,000 ( ok that's extreme but I am  just
> trying to give an example).

Actually, I am wondering what the process would cost for Maxi-Vision. But
since they don't actually do that yet, I figured that the price for current
format would be a good ballpark.

on 5/19/02 4:07 AM, "Darryl Wiggers <[log in to unmask]>" wrote:

> I would also suggest adding what format you want for the duplicate. Do you
> want to strike a new print, duplicate onto video (vhs, beta-sp, digibeta),
> etc.? Also -- and most important -- is this a film for which you have
> ownership, or have authorization to duplicate?

Duplication for wide release. Or relatively wide, anyways. Nothing like
Spiderman, obviously. Brings up another good question that'll answer that
one. If I wanted to distribute to arthouses in the US, what numbers am I
looking at?

on 5/19/02 2:40 PM, "Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>" wrote:

> I'd say that Jessica's 'extreme' figure of $5,000 is in fact quite
> conservative.  Two real-life examples that we've recently had done:

What do you think a Maxi-Vision duplicate would cost, then?

Jamo
+BIL