SCREEN-L Archives

November 2001, Week 4

From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:02:23 +0000
At 22:40 21/11/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>Are there any mainstream films or scenes in mainstream films that deal with
>euthanasia? The nearest I can think of is the scene at the end of One Who
>Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where Jack Nicholson is put out of his comatose
>state by his native American friend...

'Ich Klage An' (Germany 1941, dir. Wolfgang Leibeneiner) is an apologia for
the Nazi policy of murdering people with chronic mental and physical
illnesses. It can be obtained on video from Facets of Chicago - see
www.facets.org

Dr. Leo Enticknap
Director, Northern Region Film and Television Archive
School of Arts and Media
University of Teesside
Middlesbrough TS1 3BA
United Kingdom