SCREEN-L Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
Darryl Wiggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 23:24:27 -0400
Anthony has a point. The INS are not obligated, or trained, to be caregivers
and wet nurses. If you want to organize a protest, all you can really fight
for is baby treatment for all. Good luck. Besides, Panahi is demonstrating
supreme arrogance to suggest he should be exempt from the laws. If they had
let him through I highly doubt he would have stuck around to fight for the
freedom of the little crying boy. I think he would have have placed a little
more importance on a movie premiere, and left the kid to fend for himself.
My aunt works in the airline industry and faces similar attacks all the
time. Once a major Hollywood actor (who she refuses to identify) became
indignant because he was not given special attention and it prompted him to
scream at her "Don't you know who I am?" Without missing a beat she replied
"Oh my God! Don't you know who you are?" Unfortunately he had enough clout
to land her a fine and suspension for that, but I'm proud of her.

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite