SCREEN-L Archives

January 2000, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:51:19 -0600
The definition of "art" aside, in addition to Reagan, there are other
actors turned politician such as Fred Thompson (who went from Watergate
counsel to movies and then to the Senate) and George Montgomery, who
followed in Reagan's footsteps to the Senate.

I seem to recall a host on AMC or TCM mentioning after some older film
we'd been watching that one of the actresses had retired from film to a
long political career--I think as mayor of some place like Phoenix, AZ
or Palm Springs, CA.

Don Larsson
Donald Larsson
Minnesota State U, Mankato