Call for Papers
The Documentary Tradition:
Contemporary Documentary Maker – Morgan Spurlock
The Documentary Tradition - 2006 Film and History Conference
Dallas, Texas, United States
8th–12th November 2006
Deadline for Proposals - 1st August 2006
The Documentary Tradition and its many permutations will be the topic of the
Fall, 2006 Film and History Conference.
Proposals are now being accepted for The Documentary Tradition looking
specifically at the contemporary documentary maker Morgan Spurlock.
Listed below are some suggestions for possible proposals, but all other
perspectives and aspects will be considered.
· The impact of the Reality TV form on Spurlock’s work.
· The filmmaker as subject.
· Notions of ‘truth’ and ‘reality’ imbedded in the Documentary tradition.
· Documentary as social/political reform.
· Reflections on American culture and its global effects as portrayed in
· Documentary and cinema
· Narrativisation of the real
Please email or post abstracts of approx 250 words to the address below:
Area Chair: Morgan Spurlock
30 Atherley Road
[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
To view full details of The Documentary Tradition, 2006 Film and History
Conference please visit _http://www.filmandhistory.org_
Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
University of Alabama: http://www.tcf.ua.edu