SCREEN-L Archives

March 2008, Week 4

From:
Norman Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:33:35 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce a new publication.  Please forward this notice to
whatever lists you subscribe to--and I apologize in advance for any
cross-posting.

                      --With warm regards,

                                   Norm
Norm Holland

Know Thyself: Delphi Seminars

by Norman N. Holland and Murray M. Schwartz

This book explains and gives examples of Delphi seminars, a radical teaching
method that focuses not just on subject-matter, but on what subject-matter
means to the student (and teacher) and why.  It is the only teaching method
that devotes itself to the systematic understanding of oneself.

While developed for the teaching of film and literature, Delphi seminars can
easily be adapted to the teaching of any subject.  They are particularly apt
for the teaching of psychology, psychoanalysis, and medical ethics.

Students and teachers write freely to one another about what they read.  In
discussion, they learn to listen to themselves and to others for the
patterns of response that are the key to character, the key, ultimately, to
knowing oneself.

The book can be ordered through <www.knowthyselfdelphiseminars.com> for
$11.95 as a downloadable e-book or for $19.95 as a printed paperback.