SCREEN-L Archives

July 1995, Week 1

From:
"S.F. McCarthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 17:54:50 -0400
I've been on the road so I'm getting caught up on my back issues of the
Screen-L Digest.  I came across Howard Reichman's query about a
cinematography forum.  I've been lurking and participating in a excellent
series of discussions in the America Online Cinematography folders (AOL
keyword "Hollywood", click on "movie-talk", choose "Industry Talk: Below The
Line".  This is a very active and informative vein on everything from
aesthetics and ethics to filmstocks and light meters.  AOL also features live
cinematography forums on alternating Sunday nights which have an average
attendance of 50 to 75 people.  I wish I could say the rest of AOL is as
impressive as this hard-to-find area.

Regards,
Stephen McCarthy
Boston