SCREEN-L Archives

September 2000, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:13:33 -0500
Hello, all,

My first posting is about the production of La Jetee.  Did Marker shoot the
film in 16mm and decide to be more photographic afterwards?  What is the
Japanese film that reportedly inspired him to use still images?  Could it be
Susumu Hani's NANAMI, FIRST LOVE, speaking of which, there is an amazing
sequence with still images?

Also, CITIZEN KANE has interesting uses of photographic images as an element of
mise-en-scene that marks the boundary between Kane's public space and private
life.

Heon Seo

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite