SCREEN-L Archives

July 2008, Week 4

Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:23:07 -0500
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.

This issue features columns from Aaron Delwiche, Barbara Crow, Jane Feuer,
Shelley Rodrigo, Alyx Vesey, and Kristen Lambert.

This issue's columns in brief:

"Keep on rockin’ in the free (virtual) worlds: Why user-generated content
matters" by Aaron Delwiche
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1571):
An investigation of newer virtual spaces and the shift of creative freedom away
from users and back to technologists and advertisers.

"iPhones come to Canada: High costs and long lines" by Barbara Crow
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1544):
A look at the politics and events in Canada stemming from Apple going
international with the iPhone.

"'Plum Crazy'" by Jane Feuer (http://flowtv.org/?p=1549):
Critiquing Finola Hughes's, host of How Do I Look?, role as the newest kind of
TV therapist -- a wardrobe psychoanalyst.

"TVS 101: Teaching an Online Intro to Television Course" by Shelley Rodrigo
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1562):
A discussion of the possibilities of an online introduction to television
course.

"'I Can Have It All': Liz Lemon Negotiates Power, One Sandwich at a Time" by
Alyx Vesey, and Kristen Lambert (http://flowtv.org/?p=1537):
A consideration of the gender politics of 30 Rock and the feminist implications
of Liz Lemon’s desire to “have it all.”

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org