SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 20:59:52 CDT
FYI: the following came to the surface while I was cleaning my files.
cal
TREKWRTR Host Change:
   new listserv address      [log in to unmask]
   new list address          [log in to unmask]

trekwrtr on [log in to unmask]

   TREKWRTR, the Star Trek Script Writer's Discussion List, formerly on
   PCCVM.BITNET, had been removed from BITNET.  It IS still active and
   is accessible through Internet.

   TREKWRTR is a public unmoderated mailing list designed to provide a
   stomping grounds for those interested in submitting DEEP SPACE NINE
   and eventually VOYAGER scripts to Paramount.

   Star Trek is the ONLY popular television show that accepts fan
   submitted scripts "on spec".  While during the seven seasons of Star
   Trek : The Next Generation only three scripts were accepted "as is",
   many stories were accepted and writers invited to "pitch" sessions.
   If you have a good story, YOU can make a REAL contribution to the
   Star Trek legend.

   All topics of interest to Trek Script Writing (format, craft, moral
   support, pitch stories, information from Trek writing cons, series
   discussions from writing POV, etc.) are welcome.

   You should NOT post your scripts or story ideas to the list.  This
   list is not intended as a workshop and it is not advisable to post
   your work anywhere until it has been registered with the WGA.  You
   may (if you wish) post portions of your script for critique, if your
   script is registered or if the portion doesn't reveal anything
   crucial from your script.  Full (registered) scripts would probably
   be best sent to USENET's alt.startrek.creative with an announcement
   to the list.

   Ideally, if someone wishes to workshop scripts with others before
   submitting, he or she can use the list to cultivate friendships in
   order to form private e-mail workshops.

   This also is not the place to post or discuss fan fiction or novel
   writing.  Both are better served by the USENET alt.startrek.creative.
   (Pocket Books does not accept unagented submissions)

   To join the list, send to [log in to unmask] and in the
   BODY of the message put the command

      SUBSCRIBE TREKWRTR

   A confirmation notice will be mailed to you later.  Please FORWARD it
   back to the listserv address above if reply to the confirmation does
   not work.

   Best wishes to your Star Trek writing ventures.

   Owner:  Kasey Chang   [log in to unmask]

   DISCLAIMER: NEW-LIST announcements are edited from information
   provided by the original submitter.  We do NOT verify the technical
   accuracy nor any claims made in the announcements nor do we
   necessarily agree with them.  We do not warranty or guarantee any
   services which might be announced - use at your own risk.  For more
   information send e-mail to [log in to unmask] with the command
   GET NEW-LIST README  in the body.  mgh