Manager, Bill Cosford Cinema
University of Miami <https://www.linkedin.com/company/universityofmiami/life/> Coral Gables, Fl
Full-time · Mid-Senior level
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The School of Communication has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manager, Bill Cosford Cinema to work in the Coral Gables Campus.
The Bill Cosford Cinema Manager conceives and executes in-person and virtual programming for the Bill Cosford Cinema, developing and implementing a cultural and aesthetic vision for the Cinema. The Manager will organize special events and screenings, series, retrospectives, guest artist and scholar visits, collaborating with administrative leadership, faculty members and students to support the academic mission of the School of Communication.
Duties And Responsibilities
* Conceives, coordinates, and implements virtual dimension of Bill Cosford Cinema programming.
* Strategically plans for Cosford space and events in consultation with the Dean.
* Collaborates with Associate Dean for Inclusion and Outreach on fostering community engagement.
* Maintains relationships with distributors, filmmakers, film festivals, key stakeholders, and press/media contacts.
* Represents School of Communication and Bill Cosford Cinema through professional activities, community outreach, and strategic partnerships; virtually and in-person.
* Works closely with staff in Marketing and IT to design marketing/promotion strategies and update the Cinema website.
* Works closely with the Executive Director of Business Operations to develop the annual budget.
* Prepares, implements and monitors a detailed program budget and oversees cost accounting required of assigned events to include facility rental, box office fees, equipment rentals, supplies and services purchased, and other related costs.
* Works closely with the Chair of Cinematic Arts and the Grant staff to secure funds in support of Bill Cosford Cinema programming and events.
* Supervises Bill Cosford Cinema’s virtual and in-person programming, including bookings, rental agreements, guest visits, touring programs, etc.
* Collaborates with administrators and faculty within the School of Communication and across the University to facilitate programming and support the academic mission.
* Directs the day-to-day operations at Bill Cosford Cinema, ensuring proper coordination with faculty and student teams of class usage, programs, and events, and manages internal workflow.
* Oversees the installation, preparation, maintenance, removal and conversion of all equipment for all events and coordinates with Technical Operations as needed.
* Directly supervises box office, audio visual, maintenance and other staff/assistants who support the overall operation of Bill Cosford Cinema.
* Plans and executes recurring School of Communication and Cosford events, such as the “Annual Student Film Festival”, “Scares and Scores”, “CAC screenings” and others in coordination with faculty and student teams.
Bachelor’s Degree required
* Four years or more of senior management experience within cultural institutions, film programming/film festivals, film venues, or working successfully with film curators, distributors, or exhibitors in a professional capacity.
* Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary film trends.
* The ability to execute a range of events and approach public programs innovatively.
* The ability to foster a diverse network of relationships and build strategic partnerships, locally and nationally.
* Availability to work outside of normal business hours and weekdays.
* Highly adaptable and able to manage frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
* Demonstrated skills in collaboration and organization.
* Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences,
the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu