SCREEN-L Archives

July 1996, Week 3

From:
Joshua Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 23:36:28 -0700
I would like to announce a panel for the upcoming Society for Cinema Studies
Conference. I invite anyone interested in presenting a paper on the panel to
contact me.

FILM, HISTORY, TRAUMA, MEMORY

How has film narrative, defined broadly to include both dramatic and
documentary modes, responded to the historiographic problems posed by the
representation of historical trauma?  How have those responses mediated
personal and collective memory, particularly for events of the recent past?
My own work is on the Holocaust.  I invite a variety of approaches to this
and other events.

Contact Joshua Hirsch